Best 6 Person Tent Reviews For Family & Friends – 2017
For those traveling in a large group, however, such as good friends or family members, a bigger 5 to 6 person tent is often better than a few small tents.It gives everyone the chance to be a little closer together and consolidation always makes matters simpler. Here are some of the best 6 person tents from different brands.
Coleman Evanston Screened Tent – For 6 Person
This imported tent is made out of polyester taffeta 75D. It is a best tent 6 people and has a footprint that is 14 by 10 feet. The center height is 68 inches in height. It is capable of fitting six individuals or two airbeds that are queen sized. The front porch is fully screened so you won’t have to be concerned with bugs.
- There are four large windows which allow for the greatest degree of ventilation.
- It is made to be easy to take down and set up as well.
- The weathered system is made so that you will always be dry. It has vertical walls and center heights which are taller.
- It is ideal for hunting trips, large groups, or long trips. It is also great for backcountry adventures.
- The setup is simple.
back to menu ↑
Kodiak Canvas Flex-Bow 6 Person Canvas Tent
This tent is made out of 100% cotton. The duck canvas is breathable, a watertight, and durable. It is spacious and has a ceiling height of 6’6” which gives you plenty of room to stand and walk around. The doors are D-shaped and there are two of them on both front and back. There are also four large windows and they are equipped with mesh that will protect your privacy.
Temperature and airflow are improved with two funnel-flow vents. This tent is all-season and rugged, perfect for whatever your camping needs are. Whether you’re hunting or camping out with family it will keep you comfortable and safe. The tent has a tight weave and along with the silicone finish, it minimizes the amount of mugginess and condensation while remaining breathable and lightweight. Even in the middle of a downpour, you will be able to stay dry. It won’t wick water.
- The steel tube poles are 1-inch and strong.
- This 6 person tent has a floor that is heavy-duty, seamless, and puncture resistant.
- The 16 oz vinyl will keep water out of the floor as well.
- There is a gear loft that is customizable and an organizer system. You’ll always have plenty of locations to put your gear.
- There’s an awning which covers the entry and gives ample shade.
- The storage bag is strap-and-cinch which makes for much easier storage.
back to menu ↑
CORE 6 Person Instant Cabin Tent
You can set this cabin up in just 60 seconds. It can fit 6 people and two queen mattresses. The center height reaches 72 inches. There is a ground vent which can be adjusted as well as CORE H20 Block Technology. It has a lantern hook and gear loft as well as a wall organizer. This large organizer can help keep possessions tidy and the tent floor free of clutter.
- The electric cord access port can be completely shut when you’re not using it. It has a carry bag, tent stakes, and rain fly.
- The poles for this tent are pre-attached. All you have to do is unpack then unfold and extend the poles.
- The fabrics used in this tent are water repellent and it has active bead technology which allows for the faster runoff. It also keeps the seams sealed thanks to window and door seals that are rain-resistant.
- Aside from this, there is a rain fly that is fully-taped and it is removable so that you can release the mesh ceiling and windows in warmer weather.
- The venting system is advanced and uses an air intake vent which is adjustable. This is great for drawing cool air out of the ground and letting the hot air escape through the mesh ceiling, thus keeping you much more comfortable and cool.
- There are zippered privacy panels located on windows and doors.
back to menu ↑
Kelty Trail Ridge Tent For 6 Person
This tent has a freestanding design and tapes seams on the fly and floor. If you want a spacious interior this tent will give you just that. It has a pole configuration which is multi-diameter. This is what allows the walls to remain steep with an arch in the ceiling, also giving it a larger livable space. There are two vestibules of about the same size and they are flanking each end. These vestibules make it easy to get in and out of the tent, as well as giving it ample storage space. It is made out of polyester.
- The other features of this tent include taped floor seams and a clip-and-pole-sleeve construction.
- It also has mesh wall panels and internal storage pockets.
- There are zipper pulls which are noiseless.
- The water can be kept out with the waterproof fly.
- It has an ArcdEdge floor and gear-loft loops.
back to menu ↑
Coleman WeatherMaster 6 Person Screened Tent
With a footprint of 17 by 9, this tent is capable of housing six campers comfortably. This Coleman 6 person tent has two rooms and a center height of 6ft and 10in. The screened room is floor-less which gives the tent additional ventilation and days that are a little warmer. This floor-less room is also a good place for gatherings and meals. It offers protected storage space as well. The features in this Proprietary WeatherTek System work to keep you comfortable and dry.
This particular 6 person tent works best for long camping trips, scout leaders, and family car campers. Setup is made to be easy with this tent. It has a Comfort System with adjustable ventilation which lets you control the airflow. It has a privacy vent window, electrical access port, and vented cool-air port. There are pole sleeves which are color-coded and continuous.
The pin-and-ring design is exclusive. The attachments for this tent make it much easier to set up. Ultimately this tent is made to be big enough in order to provide ample space for the whole family.
- Six people can sleep easily inside.
- It has two doors and a patent-pending hinged front door. These doors make it easy and effortless to get in and out of the tent.
- It has leak-free seams that are fully taped, weather resistant fabric which is coated in polyester and includes anti-wicking thread, and protected seams.
- There are waterproof floors and zipper protection.
- The frame is wind strong thanks guy-out triangles and redesigned poles.
back to menu ↑
Eureka Copper Canyon Tent For 6 Person
This cabin tent is an another best choice for 6 people and it has a center height that peaks at 7 feet. The floor space is 10×10 and it is a cabin style tent with 6 poles. The tent is freestanding setup is easy thanks to pin and ring assembly. It has pole sleeves and a fiberglass/steel frame that includes clips. The door is D-style with half a window. There are also windows located on each side of the door for the purposes of ventilation and visibility.
- The door allows for exit and entry that is easy and with a mesh roof that gives air circulation.
- The air circulation reduces condensation as well.
- This family tent features four big windows in all and a frame that is a fiberglass/steel hybrid which makes it more reliable and sturdy.
- The door is factory sealed and so are the fly seams. This ensures that you are comfortable and dry no matter what the weather is.
- The fabrics are coated with polyester and they are long lasting and durable.
The shock-corded poles make for a breezy and easy setup. The poles are made to attach to the tent body by way of a pin and ring. It has two pockets that are mesh gear which give you internal storage, and it even has a flashlight loop and clothes line loops.
The windows have a wick stash feature which means you can stow the window flap quite easily, there is no need for toggles or loops. There are twin track zippers for the window in the door so you can utilize separate operation. Windy days won’t be an issue due to the external guy points located on the fly. When not in use the out pockets may be used to secure guy lines.
back to menu ↑
Wenzel Evergreen Tent – 6 Person
This six person tent has a dome and it can be divided into two separate rooms. It has fabric that is made out of weather armor polyester and it is even coated with polyurethane. There are three windows, each is closable and made out of mesh. The poles are made out of shock-corded fiberglass and they have Fast Feet which enables for the setup that is fast.
There is a gear loft and even an E-port for your device cords. The storage duffel comes with the tent as well as a 10-year manufacturer’s warranty. The tent is weather-resistant, spacious, and can comfortably sleep as many as six different campers.
- It is perfect for somewhat bigger families, a big group of friends or hunters, or just a couple with quite a bit of gear to bring.
- The doors are D-style and back-to-back and there are three mesh windows as well as a mesh roof.
- Mesh is great for making a cross breeze that comes in nice on warmer days or nights.
- The fast feet and poles are designed specifically for easier setup.
back to menu ↑
NTK Cherokee GT 5 to 6 Person Outdoor Dome Family Camping Tent
Assembly is not only easy but also fast with this tent that is suitable for 5-6 people. It is a perfect family tent. Aside from the easy assembly, there is one door and the spacious tent weighs only 15.2 pounds. The floor size comes down to 9.8ft x 9.8ft and the center height reaches 5.9ft for the greatest degree of comfort. The rainfly is double layered and offers full coverage. It is 100% waterproof and laminated with polyethylene.
Full coverage is offered due to the 2500mm water column and there is thermoplastic coating which is heat-seamed. This coating gives you protection from UV rays. The inner tent has a large D-style door with a two-way zipper. It includes mesh protection that will keep mosquitoes away.
- The utility pocket is roomy and the gear loft is also great for storage.
- The frame utilizes thick nano-flex technology.
- The poles are interconnected and they use elastic and hardware that is gold chrome plated ferrule. This makes for sturdy construction.
- The pin-and-ring system also makes it easy to set up.
- The mesh is made out of micro mosquito mesh which is breathable.
- The floor material is heavy duty and anti fungus.
back to menu ↑
Big Agnes Flying Diamond – 6 Person Tent
This tent is made out of nylon. It is freestanding and great for all four seasons. It has vestibules and doors that are D-shaped. This base/camping tent comes with vertical zippers and you can use the trekking poles to stake it out as a shade. The ten body is made out of breathable polyester and the windows are made out of nylon mesh.
The polyester is durable and it has 1500mm waterproof coating that is polyethylene. The floor is also made of the same polyurethane and it is quite durable. It has eco-friendly anodizing and plastic clips and sleeves which can be attached to the tent body. This makes for easy setup.
- The tent poles are lightweight and have better durability.
- Reflective guyline provides for visibility during the night.
- The seams are all taped with polyethylene tape that is solvent-free and waterproof.
- There are storage pockets made out of mesh and a carry bag that is briefcase style and includes shoulder straps.
This is one of the best 6 person tents in 2017.
back to menu ↑
Cedar Ridge Rimrock 6 Person Tent
This freestanding tent has fiberglass poles, a rear window, an awning over the door, and a weatherproof fly. It has mesh storage pockets, guy ropes, gear loft, and stakes. Clips, a ring, and pins can be used to attach the poles providing for a faster and easier setup. The coating is multi-pass urethane and it has been applied to the fly.
This gives it the greatest degree of weather protection. Aside from this, there are extra large zippers for greater durability. There are two windows both large and made out of mesh. They are perfect for visibility.
Things to Consider While Choosing A Best 6 Peron Tent
Getting any tent can be a big investment, but the larger ones are even more expensive and will likely serve a larger purpose than a normal one or two person tent. A six-person tent is definitely a good thing to have especially if you tend to travel in a big group or with a lot of gear. Regardless of your reasons, there are a few things you can think about when deciding the right 6 person tent in 2017. We talk here about size, weight, and materials.
Obviously, if you want a large, 6 person tent, size is a fairly important factor to you. It is really easy to figure out the size, just check the dimensions in the product description. You can also look into the height of the tent to see if it is going to be tall enough to stand and walk around in, which is a somewhat big deal if there are a lot of people traveling together. When you are looking into the size you may also want to see if the tent is one big room or if it is separated into two rooms, as this may matter depending on the purpose of the tent.
Most tents are made to be lightweight and portable because the whole point of having a tent is to give you a mobile means of shelter. Of course, some 6 person tents will be made out of slightly lighter materials and pieces than others. If you are really under a weight restriction this is definitely something to keep in mind.
When you are looking at tents materials should always be a pretty high on your list of things to look for. It should be easy to find out what materials a tent is made out of. Generally, you want to look for high-quality materials that will be waterproof while also being breathable and durable.
If you’re looking for the best 6 person tent in 2017 hopefully this article has proven useful to you. We have given you plenty of 6 person tent reviews so that you can see what is available as far as prices and features go. Ultimately the choice is yours, but with these options in mind as well as a few things to look out for when making your choice, it should be easier for you to make a sound investment. Get the best 6 person tent in 2017 that is just right for you.