Best Toddler Tricycle For 1, 2 And 3 Years Old
Outdoor fun is a healthy way for children to thrive and learn, it helps to strengthen their immune system, exposes them to the vitamins in the sun, and gives them a chance to enjoy wholesome playing. Tricycles make for great exercise and learning, and they even help to prep your young toddlers for the day they will ride on a bicycle. Although it will be many years before they actually get on a two-wheeled bike, tricycles help them learn early basic skills like peddling and maneuvering the handlebars. There are many great reasons to get a tricycle for your child, but one of the biggest reasons is how much fun they will have using it. Although they may not be old enough to remember, later on, they are bound to have many great times with this special toy. We have listed top selling toddler tricycles for 1,2,3 or even 5 years old.
When deciding what tricycle to get a child there are a few different things to look at, and you want the best for the toddler in your life. Although it may seem like a straightforward investment, different tricycles have unique qualities that set them all apart from one another. You want the one which will keep the child safe and also best match the personality of the little boy or girl, and these toddler tricycle reviews 2017 will help you find the best toddler tricycle.
4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike – Good For 2 Years Old
The 4-in-1 Stroll ‘N Trike is a unique baby tricycle that has four stages and can transform smoothly from a bicycle into a stroller. It’s great because it grows along with your child and gives them four different ways to ride.
It functions as a classic trike, a learn-to-ride trike, steering trike, and finally as an infant trike. It has a back seat that is high as well as a 3-point secure harness all for the insurance of infant security. There is a safety tray that has a cup holder and it can be removed. The tray is wrapped around for the most safety. The seat can be adjusted as your child grows. In early stages, the pedals can be used as footrests and the push handle is adjustable for you.
- The canopy provides UV protection and can be removed, there is also a storage bin.
- It also has quiet ride tires.
- The trike can be used for a child from the ages of 9 months to five years, whether they are riding in it as a stroller or using it as a tricycle.
- It is simple and easy to convert the stroller into any one of the three stages of tricycle it can become.
- It has a sturdy steel frame as well as a seat that is adjustable.
back to menu ↑
Radio Flyer Radio Steer and Stroll Trike – 2 To 5 Years Old
This toddler tricycle doubles essentially as a stroller so that your child can ride in two different ways. The pedals can be used as foot rests and there is a handle which lets an adult steer. Once the child is old enough or ready to ride a tricycle the handle can be easily removed and suddenly it functions just like a classic tricycle.
- This stroller trike features durable molded wheels, a covered bin for extra fun, a seat that can be adjusted, pedals which transform into footrests, and a removable steering handle.
- It is suitable for children ages 2-5 and the weight capacity is 50 pounds.
- It has a sturdy steel frame to keep children safe. Radio Flyer has become an American classic when it comes to providing great trustworthy toys.
- They are much like the Original Red Wagon.
back to menu ↑
Fisher-Price Barbie Lights and Sounds Trike – Good For Girls
This fun Barbie-themed small tricycle comes complete with colors and graphics specific to Barbies. This tricycle is great for the imagination and gets your child outside having active fun, but at the same time is quite durable. If your child loves Barbies then there is no doubt that they will adore this bike. It gets children delving into a great imaginative adventure.
- It has pedals that are slip-resistant and handlebars which are easy-grip which makes them even easier for the child to ride.
- It also has durable tires.
- The seat is grow-with-me and can be adjusted into 3 different positions.
- There are Barbie sounds and phrases for role-playing to add to the fun.
- As time goes on the child will be able to enjoy this trike for years because of the three-position seat.
back to menu ↑
Schwinn Roadster 12-Inch Trike – Perfect For 3 Years Old
This is a great gift for any toddler, especially one who loves the color pink. It will be great for capturing insta-shots to keep forever. There is a Debossed logo and real wood deck which gives the trike, even more, charm. There are even tassels, chrome finish handlebars, and a bell for those vintage details that will never go out of style.
Not only will it last for years because it is a Schwinn, it also has a molded seat which can move backwards and forwards. This can make room for those little growing legs.
- The retro-styled trike will help you to make memories which will last for the rest of their life.
- It is low to the center of gravity which ensures your toddler will be safe and have an easy time whenever they climb on and off the trike. This also prevents tip-overs.
- It is constructed in a way that is heavy-duty and full-steel.
Schwinn is one of the most trusted brands and it has certainly withstood the tests of time. Schwinn was established more than a hundred years ago in the year 1895. They have made riding a bike not only possible but for riders of virtually any age, adults as well as children. They both simplify and enhance the experience of bike riding.
back to menu ↑
Radio Flyer Ride and Stand Stroll ‘N Trike
If there are two young toddlers in your life, likely siblings, this bike will be perfect for them. It is the only trike currently on the market which can ride two children. It has a stand-on platform and it is also 4 in 1 so it graduates to different stages. It is perfect for growing with both children as they age.
- It has a three point harness as well as a high back seat.
- There is a tray that wraps around the trike and it includes a cup holder.
- The seat is adjustable and so is the push handle for the adults.
- It has a foot brake and a foot rest.
- The tires are quiet ride and the canopy is removable.
If you have a pair of twins or two toddlers who are close in age, this trike will be absolutely best for them both. It will give them years of fun and usefulness.
back to menu ↑
Fly Bike Foldable Glide Tricycle – Outdoor – Indoor – Best for 1 To 4 Years
This toddler tricycle is different from most other bikes which are available because it can be folded up for travel or storage, making it much more portable and compact. Because of its design, it is also the best toy for either the indoors or outdoors. They can ride it basically anywhere—take it to the park to play, or ride it around the living room or the yard.
This small tricycle is also unique because it is like a tricycle and a scooter combined. Ultimately this is also why it works well for children who are not yet mature enough to use a 2-wheel bike. It can be fit in the closet, trunk, or even under the bed—storing it is easy because it is comfortable and small.
- It is lightweight and can be moved from one space to the next with a single hand.
- It has stability thanks to the 3-wheel design. This helps children to learn coordination but also ride in a way that is safe and fun.
- It is comfortable but sturdy.
- It will give children a better understanding of steering and balancing without the need for parental assistance.
- The wheels are quiet and enable for a smooth ride.
- It works well for children between the ages of 1-4.
If your child is always on the go it will be perfect for them. No assembly is required and it is easy to fold up and store.
back to menu ↑
Schwinn Easy Steer Tricycle – 1 To 3 Years Old
The first bike is an important part of every child’s life, and this best rated tricycle could be just that. Unforgettable memories can be created as long as you get the right trike. This toddler tricycle has a high back seat as well as a 3-point seat belt which keeps the child safe and comfortable but gives them the ability to have a great time.
Learning to ride a tricycle can be easy and fun at the same time. The tires on this toy are not only EVA they are long-lasting and they also offer a look that is very stylish and fashionable. The push/steering handle is removable for adults so that you can walk easily and comfortably while at the same time controlling the speed and steering.
All around this high-quality tricycle gives great security, safety, and fun to any child. It can even be converted into a semi-stroller. There is a dump bin which is gravity lock and lets you store supplies and toys.
back to menu ↑
Fisher Price Pink Smart Trike – 10 Months To 30 Months
As your toddler grows this trike will grow with them. It is perfect for a child between the ages of 10 months and 30 months and in the end gives them a safe way of traveling during this time. The handle is unique, adjustable, and telescopic so that parents can steer it easily and conveniently.
It even has a clutch that is built in and it gives control over the trike either to the child or to the parent. There is a safety harness and for older children it has a seat belt. Transport your child safely and comfortably wherever you go.
- The seat is extra-safe and even padded for additional comfort.
- The fun and trendy canopy keeps UV rays out of your child’s face and the parent bag lets you store your items.
- This tricycle is even built to last. Durability is ensured with full metal construction.
- The wheels are made out of dual component special injection rubber.
- It has large front swivel wheels as well which help to contribute to better road performance.
- It meets safety requirements and also comes with safety features.
- It includes a tipping bucket.
back to menu ↑
Smart Trike Spirit Ladybug Pedal Ride – 10 Months To 3 Years Old
This 4 in 1 small tricycle is made for babies starting at the age of 10 months and going up to 30 months. Each stage works for a different age range. Just like a stroller, it has maneuvers that are ultra light touch spirit. There is a navigator button that is unique and it lets the mudguard switch between child ride-control and adult steering. Built-in suspension ensures that every baby will have a completely comfortable ride.
- The first stage includes a high-back support and safely uses foot rests, ideal for a 10-month-old baby.
- Stage two is perfect for an 18-month-child and has convertible seats and parental control over the trike.
- The third stage is made for a two-year-old and functions as the perfect training trike, letting children learn how to pedal on their own.
- The last stage, stage 4, is perfect for a 30-month-old.
- Simply switch the navigator button and remove the parent handle and the toy becomes just like a classical trike.
- The seat cover is padded, washable, and functional.
- The printed material canopy keeps your child out of the sun while also giving it a fashionable and fun look.
back to menu ↑
SmarTrike Joy 4-in-1 Baby Trike – 10 Months To 3 Years Old
This 4 in 1 tricycle has 4 unique stages suitable for children between the ages of 10 months and 30 months. It grows along with the child as they get older. It has light touch joy maneuvers which are exactly like a stroller. It has a navigator button which is located on the mudguard and it allows you to switch from parent steering and give control over to the child. The baby can be completely comfortable with the built-in suspension.
- The first stage lets the baby use the foot rest and it has high-back support to keep them secure.
- The second stage still lets parents control the trike but the seat converts.
- The third stage essentially transforms the trike into a training trike so that the child can learn how to pedal.
- The fourth and last stage lets the child pedal and controls the trike entirely on their own just like a classic trike.
- This convertible includes a canopy and material bag as well.
- It is safe and versatile.
- It has front swivel wheels which are perfect for tight corners and a 3 point harness that includes shoulder pads.
- It is made out of full metal construction.
Things To Consider While Purchasing A Toddler Tricycle
Tricycles make wonderful gifts for any toddler or young child in 2017. Every little girl and boy should have a best tricycle to play with and begin learning how to ride a bike. Aside from the many obvious reasons that tricycles make such great toys, it is important to think carefully before actually buying one. There are a few important things to consider beforehand and tricycles run fairly expensive compared to other smaller toys. Aside from that, tricycles will likely be in your child’s life for some time especially if you get a 1 in 4 bike. All of these reasons combined prove why it is best to buy the right trike the first time. You wouldn’t want to invest in a tricycle and bring it home to your child only to wish later on that you had gone with something a little different. Here are some of the top things to consider when shopping around for trikes, such as safety, assembly time, fit, color, price, and quality. If you make your decision based on all of these factors you are bound to bring your child the perfect tricycle.
Obviously, safety comes first on the list of things to consider while purchasing a toddler tricycle. Generally, most trikes will have all safety requirements met, especially if you buy from a reliable and trustworthy brand. For the most part, this isn’t something you will have to be too worried about, but it is still very important that you check to make sure that the trike does in fact meet all safety requirements. If the tricycle doubles as a stroller be sure that it has a seat belt or harness that is appropriate for the situation. Look out for any other safety measures to be sure that the trike will keep the child completely safe. Although this isn’t something that you may think about, just a little fact-checking and looking into safety features can end up doing so much good. You wouldn’t want to skip out on this step and regret it later on if the child gets hurt.
2) Assembly Time
Generally, when you buy a trike you will have to assemble it and put all of the parts together. Since many trikes are built differently it isn’t surprising that assembly time may vary from trike to trike. This may be particularly true if the tricycle converts into a stroller. Clearly the less time you spend putting the trike together, the better it is. To find out the assembly time just check out facts or reviews. You want something that is simple, easy, and quick to put together so that you don’t waste too much of your own precious time assembling your child’s new toy. Many tricycles are made with the consumer in mind, so this is good, but some manufacturers are better than others when it comes to matters such as this.
Will the tricycle actually fit the child? What could be worse than buying a trike and even worse, assembling it, only to realize that your child can’t, in fact, use it. This is another aspect which you don’t want to overlook. The main way to tell whether or not a trike will fit your child is just to check the age and/or weight requirements. Although most tricycles will be ideal for toddlers between the ages of 2 to 5 years, this is not always the case. Look carefully at the age range so see that it will be fitting and usable for your child.
This is one of the more fun aspects to think about when choosing that perfect tricycle for a toddler. Although this is not a very practical thing that you need to consider, it is still important and could make a big difference in the trike which you buy. Make sure that you get a color that you know that your child likes. If you have a little girl that loves Barbies and pink, get her a Barbie-themed trike. If you have a little boy who loves red or blue, get him a trike that is in his favorite color. These little details could make a large difference in how much they love the trike. Even though your little boy or girl will probably be happy regardless of the color, this can be the icing on the cake.
Essentially most tricycles run on the slightly expensive end, simply because it is a large toy that needs to be well-constructed and isn’t cheap to make. Even so, there are still some options which aren’t quite as costly as others. It is also possible that a more expensive trike may last for more years and serve you better.
The quality of a tricycle is a very important aspect to think about because this will essentially be your child’s first bike and you want it to be durable and lasting. The main elements which will influence the quality of a trike will include how well-made it is—is it constructed of good, durable materials? Aside from this, however, additional features may also be good to think about, such as a storage bin or canopy. The price and quality of a trike are most likely going to be a give-and-take, in that if you get a really high-quality trike, it will probably be more expensive.
The very earliest roots of the trike began hundreds of years ago sometime in the 17th century when a man named Stephan Farffler who made a three-wheeled wheelchair. He was disabled but wished to remain mobile, and as a watch-maker, he designed a vehicle which utilized hand cranks. The name finally caught on in 1789 in France when the three-wheeled vehicle was coined tricycle. It was also powered by pedals.
As time went on the tricycle continued to be developed by various inventors. The idea was patented in 1818 by a man named Denis Johnson who lived in Britain. The Coventry Lever Tricycle was developed by James Starley in 1876 by James Starley. This vehicle utilized hand levers and had one large wheel on the left side and two smaller wheels on the right side. In the earlier days tricycles were most popular for those individuals who didn’t want to ride on the high wheelers, these were often women due to their long dresses. Adult Tricycles were used for many decades. It wasn’t until the 60s and 70s that trikes became a popular toy. This tradition began in America as toys were cheaper and more abundant. Since that time countless novelty trikes have been designed. The tricycles we have today are seen in a variety of styles and shapes which are influence mainly from the last 150 years. Even in 2017 tricycles still, make a relevant and fun gift.
It is a great idea to invest in a tricycle for your own toddler or the child of a family member or friend. Trikes get children outside playing in the clean air and grass, they give them a great and healthy way to release that energy, and they even teach children coordination and basic riding skills. Tricycles are also a fun toy that any child is bound to enjoy using. They are perfect for making incredible memories. Tricycles are an important part of the culture as well. There are so many important reasons that trikes make such extraordinary gifts. It is a rather big investment, however, and finding the best tricycle for a 2-year-old or for a 3-year-old can be difficult. These toddler tricycle reviews of 2017 and information are sure to give you some good ideas while also helping you to know what you need to look out for when comparing different choices.
I am planning to purchase a tricycle for my 3 years old kid and these reviews are very handy. Safety and quality are my no 1 concerns.
Yes, safety is the most important factor for kids. Child toys companies are working hard to provide the maximum safety for these types of toys. But still it is our duty to read the products in details to make sure that they are safe for our kids.
I am interested in purchasing a trike for my 3 years old son. Do these trikes are available to ship in Malaysia?